Friday, April 24, 2009

...there are no words...

I am so angry right now.
No, I have not been wronged. I am fine, but this
poor family will never get to see their young son play tag. They will never get to have him taste his birthday cake. A whole person's worth of potential trashed at two years old.
And why? Because some idiot went out for a drive when his blood alcohol level was THREE TIMES the legal limit. And no, this was not his first offense. Apparently he has been arrested for drunken driving several times.
My father says that the attitude of many of these repeat offenders is not one of remorse when someone is finally hurt by their actions. Instead they say something like "It's not my fault. They shouldn't have been on the road when I was driving."
I find very little room in my heart for people who knowingly put others in danger on a regular basis. I see no point for them to exist in society. If I had my way, these dangerous people would be locked in a closet somewhere and forgotten about.

Do me a favor, don't drink and drive. And don't let someone else. If you have to knock them down and wrestle them for their keys, do it. If you have to call the police on your best friend or a family member, do it. Don't be that person who wishes they had intervened. And if you're one of these people who thinks they will never hurt anyone and takes the road after a night of carousing, give me your name and address. You have a closet with a nice big padlock waiting for you.

No comments: