Friday, September 25, 2009

where IS the internet?

Just a quick post...I'm trying to finish this assignment tonight so I can go home and actually ENJOY the weekend. They're so short!
Today I got home from work and the internet was down. I need the internet for this assignment (heck I need the internet to even TURN IN this assignment!) and this is the day they decide to change providers...without telling us the internet will be gone. My room mate and I went to the library but they closed at midnight and I, being the kindhearted person I am, let her use my computer to write her paper while I frantically tried to finish the reading assignments. The library closed before I could really search any articles, so basically that was a bit of a pointless outing. And now here I am back at the apartment, and voila! The internet is BACK! I don't have to pack up and go to Ihop now!
This whole debacle made me think of a time in my undergrad when one of my favorite professors was talking about, oh I don't know what, but then he said "My daughter once asked me 'Dad, where is the internet?'" looking up as if expecting it to appear at any second, he replied "I don't know...." I wish I could explain how old-man-cute he was, it just makes everything he says so wonderful.
Off to read and write.
Kate

No comments: