Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Things

1. I am making steps toward starting my doula practice. I've enlisted the services of a very talented graphic designer friend to develop my logo, and I'm meeting with my aunt (a successful business owner and all-around amazing lady) in two weeks to talk about the business side of things. The skills I know about from grad school are mostly under the non-profit administration side of things, so I have a bit to learn.
2. I am going to apply for a fellowship with one of my dream organizations. It's due at the end of March. I'm trying VERY hard not to talk myself out of it. If I get it, that means Penny and I will pack up and head to New York City for a year! So, my friends with experience in the city (YOU know who you are), I may need your expertise and advice in finding an apartment in a not-scary part of town. Or to figure out how far I can commute. This fellowship is SUPER competitive so I highly doubt I'll get it, but if I do, then it will be fulfilling a quite literally lifelong dream.
3. I accidentally paid my March student loans with my January and February ones. Whoops! But that also means I am safe until like April 6.
4. I'm really loving my life here. Exciting things are in the works! It would take something like this awesome fellowship to take me away from it.

That being said, and keeping in mind I don't really have reliable internet and am currently typing this while standing up as my laptop sits atop my telephone stand, I haven't felt like blogging much lately. And I think that's healthy. But for those of you who still care and sometimes read, watch this space, because something is going to happen. Probably not what I think. But something.

No comments: