Thursday, February 21, 2008

Update on Rose Window Locket

So after about five hours of sawing, I finally got the locket cut out!

It looks great but unfortunately I didn't cut it in a complete circle (in hindsight, measuring would have been a good idea...). Since I saved extra class periods by working extra on Thursday, I was able to bend it into the dome shape, which lent itself to other problems. Again, it's not circular, so the edges aren't flush. So I'm spending hour upon hour bending the edges to meet. I also got to pick out my glass and shape it on the lapidary (frightening thing, I'll tell you that!). I'm such a beginner on this, the glass is chipped on the edges. My professor said it looks neat that way, I'm still waffling. A lot of the edge will be covered in silver though so I guess I don't need to worry about it. This is how it will eventually look (sort of). I really love this piece but I need to finish it quickly! I'm running out of time to make my other pieces!


No comments: