Friday, February 29, 2008

The effects of the flu and a sinus infection on a college student

That's right, I have one on top of the other. Not fun. I wish I had batteries for my camera so I could show you what that does to my dorm room. It's not pretty. That and my mother decided she needs to come over and take care of me, so she will see the squalor when she gets here tomorrow.

I feel like a slacker because I have energy and am awake when I'm in bed (which I do all day) but the instant I set foot out of bed and try to do something, I'm exhausted. I tried to write updates on my wing's markerboard today and barely was able to finish. Granted, I did have to stand en-pointe to get some of the info up there. I hate being short sometimes.

Yesterday I had trouble staying coherent while I drove to two doctor appointments (in retrospect I should have asked someone to take me), on Tuesday I had trouble making it through a test and should not have gone to work, but did. I hope the kids don't get sick.

That being said, I've spent today watching tv and surfing the net. But then I also learned to do something I've been afraid to do since I started knitting: I learned entrelac! This obviously isn't my project, image courtesy of twistedpdx.com. I seriously thought that each square was attached individually. Not my cup of tea, friends. Thankfully, it's so much easier and gives a really neat effect. Anyone want to get me some beautiful earthtones, jewel tones, or variegated yarn to start a project? Thought not. I think a bag out of this would be fun. Google Entrelac for some really creative uses of this pattern.
In light of my recently acquired knowledge, I am going to use leftover yarn (seen in the rabbit) to make something I've never seen the use for until I started wearing things without pockets: an ipod case. Definitely not a necessity right now, especially since Borracio (my kitty) chewed up my headphones last summer and I haven't gotten new ones yet.

2 comments:

Heather said...

You posted on my blog about my little girl and I just wanted to say thank you so much for your sweet thoughts. Even though I don't know you, your words meant so much. You are so right that God is over all and he is watching over me and my little girl. May He bless you!!!

Margaret said...

Sinus infections are the worst! The entrelac looks really neat--I always wondered how that was done. I look forward to seeing your own project.
Get well soon,
~Margaret