Monday, March 14, 2011

les prometo!

Another new favorite:

I'm often surprised at the artists who sing songs I really love. This is Private Conversation by Lyle Lovett. I typically don't like country music, but I'll make an exception...this time.

Tomorrow begins my spring break, which up until last Christmas I thought would be spent in North Carolina doing pottery. I am, however, more than content to go home and see my family for the first time all semester. I am ready to rest. I am SO excited to see the new Jane Eyre movie with Catia and experiment with natural plant dyes (photos to come, les prometo!), and have a game night with her and Carrita, and I am beyond excited about going to the zoo with my dad.

Dad taught me how to use my first SLR camera at the zoo, and it was always our go-to. I remember the magical years we got the season passes and would go after school for a little bit on a whim. Now we'll both be going in with one camera and I'll bring along my sketchpad to continue with my creativity assignments. I'm so glad I didn't try to do one every week because this semester has been insane. No time or energy for anything!

I'm also applying for jobs right now, which scares the heck out of me. It's so funny that I'm afraid to apply but also afraid that I won't get a job. Kind of paints me into a corner, eh?

I've found this amazing web site called livemocha.com. It's for language learners to connect and help each other learn. I am using it to work on my Spanish skills but you can use it for just about any language in the world. Plus, you get to help people who are trying to learn your language. Amazing.

Alright. Off to bed. I have one day in my practicum for spring break (why did I do that??) and then I get to go home! It's an amazing feeling knowing I don't have to worry about any assignments due this week!

No comments: