Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Stop writing and start WRITING!

I'm working on my Baptist History paper that's overdue because of sickness. I have one more page and eight more notecards. Why is it that at the last page, I always get stuck? I'm so tired of classes and papers...I want to go somewhere...experience things...write. Oh goodness I want to write my OWN things...not papers or essays or something that required research on a topic over which I care very little (though don't get me wrong, religious liberty and separation of church and state are important). I want to write poetry...I want to FINISH A BOOK FOR ONCE! I start them, get serious about them, write a few pages and a plot outline, and then it fizzles out. I want so much more than to be confined to a desk, a laptop, and a textbook. It makes me so angry that I really do have to do grad school in order to do what I want for a career. I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I get there and into my practicum. Just a little burnt out on school right now. Grarg.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I know the feeling! I can't wait to be done with my MA. I'm so glad to have the opportunity to blog, because it means I can write about whatever I want! I'm also hoping to do more freelance writing once I'm done.
Thanks for your comments on Kinkade--my post was pretty critical--I hope it wasn't too offensive!
Have a great weekend,
Margaret

Loving Her Beautiful said...

Hi, Kate,
Boy, as a writer I can certainly relate to that! Writing is a lot like pushing a heavy piano into place: you can clear the path, plan your attack, etc., etc., but at some point, you just gotta put your shoulder on it and start shoving! "Garg" indeed!
But speaking of writing your own things as you mentioned, I'm also writing to tell you about a project I'm working on that you might like. It's a collection of Thank You Stories, to be published in a book titled I Never Got to Thank You.
And I would love to include one of your Thank You Stories.
You can read about the project on my post:
http://lovingherbeautiful.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-never-got-to-thank-you.html.
If you like what you read, I would also be very grateful if you would pass on my link to anyone else
you're comfortable with -- even if you don't write a Story yourself. My goal is to collect 100 letters by March 31st. Everyone is welcome to contribute a letter -- or more than one!
Thank you for reading. Good luck with the studies.
Blessings to you!
BILL

Heather said...

School sometimes seems so tedious but you will be so glad when it is all finished!! Good luck and kudos to you for furthering your education!!!