Thursday, June 19, 2008

What I've been doing the past week

I got a custom order to do a Link and Princess Zelda wedding cake topper out of polymer clay. I've been working with polymer clay for quite some time, but i've never taken on something quite so challenging. after about a week of work, I've finished Link. Zelda is VERY detailed so she might take a bit longer. I thought I'd share some pictures of the whole process. Link is all baked and I just have to glue on his sword and shield.



This was the first project I tackled: Making the triforce, sword, and shield. Here is a detail of the shield. Next I made wire frames for both Link and Zelda. Then I covered the frames with foil for the "muscles" of the body. I've since altered Zelda's foil placement a bit. I made everything for Link but his head. And then I made his head and baked him! After I glue his sword and shield on this is what he'll look like! Now on to Zelda!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a very involved cake topper. I hope you're making some serious dough. :-P (pun intended).