Monday, January 19, 2009

Little Yentl's Avigdor has returned!

My dear friend Little Yentl is finally reunited with her dear husband. He served our country overseas before and after the two got married and we have all as a community anxiously awaited his return. I travelled down to see LY and a few friends just a few days before he arrived, and it was just great to see what a sense of community there was when we gathered together for a little party. We told stories and I took a lot of pictures and we really just did what I think is very important: expressed our support for the couple.
Regardless of how you feel about the war in Iraq (pro, con, ambivalent), it is important to remember that there are real people being sent over there and real people wait here to see them return. This experience really drove home to me how important it is to gather around those that are waiting and support them. I think we had a collective sigh of relief when we saw the pictures of his return (not nearly as relieved as LY of course) and had finalized in our minds that he really has come home, he really is safe, and they do get to finally spend time together and really be husband and wife.
So, congratulations Little Yentl and Avigdor (bad character reference I know considering the outcome, but what other love interest does Yentl have in the movie?) I love you both and cannot wait to see what the future has in store for you.

No comments: