Monday, January 12, 2009

A Wish Realized!


Carol Burnett ala Keri, originally uploaded by heatherbirdtx.

I have long had a short list of people I want to meet.
These people include Steve Martin, Ben Vereen, Dick Van Dyke, and of course, Carol Burnett.
Tonight I may come as close to crossing someone off that list as possible: I am seeing Carol Burnett live! I found out on Saturday that she was appearing at one of the local performance halls, but it was sold out. I planned on going to see if someone left their tickets at willcall but those tickets are lost. I combed craigslist to see if someone was making the horrible mistake of selling their tickets, and found someone selling hers for $131 a piece. Ouch. After conferring with my mom about this, I decided to go for it. But, when I called, she had already sold her ticket!
So, I called the box office again, this time talking to a manager, just asking if there was a policy against asking patrons if they had an extra ticket (which is a low blow for me, especially in that dignified part of town!). The manager said "Well that should be alright, but I think we have an extra ticket..." Heck yes. That's exactly what he said! The ticket was $84, much cheaper than the other ticket (further away by quite a bit, but you know what, I'm in the theatre and I'm on the orchestra level!), and I don't have to worry about it being legit or not.
So I have a humongous SQUEEEEEE running through me right now. I'm beyond excited. I will tell you all about it when I get home!

No comments: