Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Daydreams I hope come true


Star of the Show, originally uploaded by Ryan Brenizer.

I want TONS of kids at my wedding. I want there to be tons of them running around, knocking things over, interrupting speeches with their simple questions, being carried around by their parents during the square dance (another time, dear readers), rolling down the hills and laughing like crazy, getting sugar highs, and looking at everything with their sparkling eyes.

Of course, I hope to have my wedding at a park, so it should be easier to let them run wild. Those friends of mine who are currently planning weddings with few to no children have churches and reception halls to think of.

3 comments:

Christian H said...

Churches and reception halls are less conducive to rampaging children. In fact, some have rules against it.

I can see the appeal, though; children per force exchange solemnity with joy. Sometimes I tend to think of weddings as being only solemn and less joyful, and children (particularly well-meaning, if not well-behaved, ones and not vicious little monkeys that occasionally disguise themselves as children) can make you recognize that.

skatej said...

Something about rules against children in churches seems counterintuitive to me.
I've been to a LOT of weddings in my lifetime working as photography assistant to my dad, and I've never understood why such a happy occasion should be so solemn and stressful (it is HARD to get the bride to smile in those preparation photos), especially when it doesn't have to be.

Christian H said...

I think it's more the reception halls that prohibit kids sometimes.