Friday, May 29, 2009

Health Update

The culture my doctor took showed no signs of infection so they took me off of the antibiotics. Tomorrow at 10 AM I have a sonogram to see what on earth may be messing with me. I have to get up early to drink 32 ounces of water so they can press mercilessly on my abdomen. :) It's really not all that bad. The hospital is close and I'm used to being further away than that by 9. Anyway, I likely won't know the results of it that day (unless it's something really bad!) but I will let you all know as soon as I hear anything.

I noticed today that there may be some swelling in my hip/waist area. I was trying to hold a baby on my hip at work and she kept sliding off. My waist is usually about 9 inches smaller than my hips, so I cannot remember the last time I had that problem. I had to hold her in front of me so she could sit on my hips that way. Very strange.

On another note, I'm looking for the perfect bedspread/quilt/comforter for my apartment. I don't expect I'll need to worry about the cold because I'm going further south and I have a blanket collection (a consequence of my first room mate who loved to blast the A/C on high all the time and the heat off with the windows open in spring). I'm thinking about a fair trade quilt made in India (I like the style). My sheets are a deep purple so I was thinking an orange one in big blocks would be good. Or maybe the Jaipuri method. Does anyone have a good resource for this? I've found one prospect...might as well try to buy it. I don't have any idea how reputable the site is as I haven't seen any reviews, so I'm hesitant to order it. I don't want crazy stuff happening with my credit card all the way over in India.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I hope that you're feeling better soon. And the indian quilt sounds beautiful!