Sunday, September 5, 2010

Thank you.

Things I Love
Safety
What you're looking at right now is the car I learned to drive in. We got it brand new with about 16 miles on it in 2001. This car saved my brother's life today.
I'm not exactly sure what happened. He was so sure he had a green arrow, but regardless, he turned left when it wasn't quite clear to do so. When I got there, the suburban was smashed into the traffic light pole. The other car was a truck, so if he was driving the lumina (my mom's car) he would have been in much worse shape. He was on his way to work. I had told him I would take him, but Mom ended up letting him take the suburban for the day. He took a different route than he normally takes, even. All these different things in my head keep saying how odd this was. No matter what, though, I'm so thankful that he took that car instead of my mom's car, that everyone is fine, that we have car insurance, and that he is here with us. He has some really gross stuff from the airbag and bumping around in the car but for the most part he's okay, which is a blessing. The suburban is probably gone for good, but I'm so glad that the last thing it did was keep my brother safe.

No comments: