Monday, April 25, 2011

My life in pictures...in random order.

I realize it's been a while since I last posted. A lot of my life is documented on my iphone camera and then made so interesting and beautiful through the instagram application. I thought I'd share a few bits of my life over the past two months. I was invited to Lady G's home for their family Easter feast. I love that family so much and I was so honored to be there. Her children put together an Easter egg hunt for us in the living room. Perfection. I also got to go to my church's Easter egg hunt the Saturday before Easter. Like good Methodists, we had an amazing potluck spread. I say that if it's a holiday, it's not considered gluttony. So, I found out that my department gives awards to students. I found this out because I was selected to receive one! I find out what it's for on Thursday at the Italian Feast! I made one of the best parking jobs ever in my life, and had to commemorate it with a victory note. (No, I left before they returned, so if someone got keyed, it wasn't my car!) Sometimes I like to sit in the driveway and listen to the radio with the engine off just for a little bit. It's getting too hot to do that now. My church remembered I was graduating and put me in the prayer bulletin. I'd like it if they prayed for me to get a job, too...Relaxing in my room. I love this room. This is my graduation dress. You might remember it from my dye day I stole a rose (it smelled so wonderful) and the Beast let me pass. Penny officially tested heartworm-free! She likes to sit in the chair at the vet's office. One of my favorite things about Texas in the Spring: The Bluebonnets came! I had the most amazing lunch of my life followed by the most amazing dessert of my life. Penny and I went home for spring break and got to spend some quality laziness time. Brother, Father and I went to the zoo and I got to see my friends the otters. Using my key at home for the first time since JANUARY! I went to the Save Texas Schools rally at the capital. Also attended the Austin Kite Festival. By myself, but still good. Snuggled with my pup while writing the last big paper of my graduate career.

Would you believe it? This is my last real week of school stuff and then I graduate in less than 20 days. I feel like I just started this madness and now it's over! Yes, I'm looking for jobs, but no I have no real leads yet. Fingers crossed, friends!

2 comments:

Miss Willow said...

I love this post :) Made me happy. Made me miss you. Made me realize yet again how incredibly grateful I am for your amazingly steadfast and patient friendship. You're a gem, Kate, I am blessed to have been put in the right place to happen upon you. So incredibly proud of all of your achievements, love. You're truly an inspiration.

skatej said...

Aw Heath, I'm like a chronic disease. No getting rid of me!
I love you dearly and I feel blessed to have met YOU.
Best wishes for the coming semester's end! It will be one whole year soon!