Thursday, October 16, 2008

I need your help!

I'm in a friend's wedding and I cannot for the life of me find a proper dress. We have to wear chocolate brown and for some reason all the designers of the world conspired against me to ensure that I will not be able to find the darn thing. I recently ordered one on ebay and when it came in...let's just say I was nonplussed. While I may bring it around to some seamstresses and see if they can magically make it look good, I don't hold out a lot of hope for it.
I've searched every store I can think of, and have no more ideas. I'm looking for a cocktail dress with a free skirt (full circle would be nice, I just want movement), in a 0 or 2 petite (though I'm sure I could make misses sizes work). The kicker is that I can't spend more than about $70.
Can anyone suggest a store?
And if any of you know someone with magic sewing skills and a kind heart in the DFW area...could you point me in their direction?
I'm on the verge of trying to sew one for myself...though I've NEVER sewn a dress before and I have mixed results from my machine as I don't know what settings to use.
Any help, tips, or advice would be welcome.
Thanks!
Kate

2 comments:

Robin said...

Boo! Keep looking, something will come around! Have you checked all the clearance racks at the bridal stores? Those are great places to find steals. David's, Alfred Angelos, there are two bridal stores in Grapevine Mills but I can't think of their names! Good luck! I hope you find something soon!

skatej said...

Thanks Robin. I might have to do that...though I kind of hate bridesmaids' dresses...polyester is never good.