Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Daydreams that I Hope Come True


, originally uploaded by teenangst.

I had a daydream today of sometime in the future (hopefully somewhat near future) and the thought has made me happy all day.
I've just moved into my apartment, my FIRST EVER apartment, and I've set up everything. My apartment is cute and I'm excited, so what do I do but build a giant blanket fort right in the middle of the main room. And then I put white lights all over the room and put on a fun movie and a cute set of pajamas. I'm thinking pink stripes for some reason though I never wear pink striped pajamas. For the sake of the daydream I look more like, oh, I don't know... a brunette Leelee Sobieski or something.
I'm gleefully watching my movie from the confines of my first apartment tent when the doorbell rings. And here the daydream has two scenarios. The person behind the door is either a middleaged mother of three who lives a few doors down and is welcoming me to the neighborhood or a rather nice looking guy my age (who for some reason assumes I'm his age) and we end up getting married some years later. Whoever-it-is smiles at my pajamas and may make a "oh, did I wake you up?" comment, to which I reply with my usual perky "oh no of course not!" And then they look just past my shoulder and their smile becomes a little confused. I look back for a second and then at my guest, and, shrugging my shoulders and smiling sort of sheepishly but still happy and proud, I gleefully say "I made a tent!"

And of course I instantly become the favorite of every kid in the complex.

I'm definitely making a tent whenever I get in to whatever apartment I ever end up making it to. They're just awesome. And no one will be able to tell me to tear it down.

No comments: