Monday, August 24, 2009

Settling in


Hello all! It's been awhile, I know. I was busy moving in and setting up.
That's right, I'm here! My room is very nice but the walls look a bit lonely. I think my posters are too small and I need a bookshelf (like a real standalone bookshelf). Something is missing, some sort of homey touch I had in my other rooms that I can't put my finger on right now. All in good time.
I got a graduate assistantship and I start that tomorrow at 10:30! I'm currently frustrated with the residents of the apartment building that decided to pick up a game of volleyball right outside my room at 11:30. I'll be glad when they're gone. I'm already tired and plan to finish getting ready for bed after I post.
Hmm, it seems they've stopped. Perfect time for finishing things up. Goodnight, all!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Curtains! That's what you need to make it more homey! :) Hope you're having a wonderful first day!

skatej said...

I don't like curtains. In fact I haven't had them since I've had my own dorm room. Besides, the window is right against my bed. I may get one this time, though...I'm going to print out some photos and put them on the wall so that will make things a little better.

Margaret said...

Hey Kate, good luck with your grad assistantship! I'm sure you'll love it. I'm terribly jealous--but it's not too bad, because I'm having a baby in a month, so that should keep me busy enough that I won't have time to miss school!

I'm sure you'll adore grad school. Have a great fall! Oh, and the room looks fabulous.

skatej said...

EEE! I'm so excited about your baby! Have you found out if you'll have a boy or a girl? I'm going to see if I can figure out this photo merge thing on photoshop and give everyone a good look at the room once i have everything up. There's still something missing and I don't know what.