Sunday, May 23, 2010

houseguests.

This weekend one of my room mates got married. I was not invited (I think) but got to stay at the house alone while about six other people came and stayed over. One is a major creeper. He and one of the others got drunk, and one of them had stomach troubles in my bathroom. He used all my toilet paper.
Tonight, it is 2:20, and they are loudly and drunkenly talking downstairs. I will not sleep for awhile I think.
Houseguests, I know this is hard, but think about the proximity to bedrooms when you are speaking rather loudly. And think about the amount of alcohol you've consumed and MAYBE cut yourself off when you find you can't...um...think. Or function. Or perhaps don't drink at all if you're rather creepy to begin with. And ask if we recycle the BILLIONS of bottles you put in our trash can. Because we do.
In addition, homeowners, think about your room mates when you have house guests. If you know that your guests will get blindingly drunk and creep her out, suggest she go elsewhere for the weekend. I would have.
I already have been told that the weekend one of my room mates turns 21 is a good weekend to be absent. I think Penny and I might go to the beach or something. Gulf of Mexico KIND of passes for the beach. There's sand, there's water, there's a point where the two meet. There'll be drunk people there, too, though, I warrant. Nowhere is safe from the drunkards.
Also, I got an email my mom forwarded from her cousin. This cousin lives in western North Carolina (beautiful) and owns a pottery shop. Since I found out they had one (at a very young age) and especially after I decided to minor in art, I have wanted to ask if I could spend a summer with them and learn the wheel. Mom had been talking to her about something else and happened to send her some pictures of a few of my pieces. I now have a standing invitation to stay with them and work on pottery. In addition, I am invited to volunteer at/just go to their pottery festival, and she said she would love to see what I'd do if they set me loose with their resources. Now, of course, a lot of this could just be familial placation ("oh, you are so right. your child is SOOO talented...) but still, a standing invitation is a standing invitation and I'm eagerly searching for a date that might allow me to stay with them. I may be able to make it work in August. If not, I know where I'm spending Spring Break 2011!

1 comment:

Miss Willow said...

Oh my goodness! How fun!! (about the pottery...) You'll have to keep us posted on that and post picturas of your masterpieces!!