Wednesday, May 19, 2010

sorry!

I know you are all reeling from the dearth of blog updates I've been doing lately. I mean, I must have clogged your readers or something with ALL the updates and posts I've done in the past few days! Whew! No? Strangely silent? Yes.
Because I don't really know what to write.
Yeah, things are going on but what I right at night time isn't true in the morning. I'm trying so hard to figure out how to deal with this whole ADHD business and frankly I'm not doing a spectacular job, but I'm making at least mental to-do lists if not hard copies, and I'm accomplishing at least some of the goals on the list. And I'm not completely organized yet but I have a shredder to forever get rid of some papers, and I got a new trash can to keep Penny from digging through it, and I got some of that Snapware stuff to organize my pantry shelf (it looks awesome) and I got and prepared some fruit and berries so all I have to do is pull them out of the fridge for a snack. And today I had three meals. I know that sounds like nothing special, but remembering to eat three separate meals is a huge deal for me. And apart from breakfast (greek yogurt with honey in it), it contained portions from all the food groups (a turkey sandwich with cheese, spinach and arugula, cantaloupe, strawberries and blackberries for lunch and dinner because I have limited fridge space). So that's a good start. And I made some awesome bookshelves all by myself, finished them, and mounted them on the wall. THEN I actually put things on them and organized the remaining books on the other shelf. I finished a project I started where the only stakeholder was me! In two days!
In addition, I took Penny back to the river. This time, we were in a shallow spot and it was just the two of us. Penny got in and walked around in it and even started trying to catch the plants that floated by (the river plants with lots of leaves? what are those?). At parts her feet swept out from under her because the current was kind of strong, and she actually GRABBED onto her leash, pulled herself to a less strong area, went to the bank of the river and started trying to pull ME out of the river. I told her she wasn't done yet and she did SO well. She was taking treats and everything. I want to do it again soon but my schedule would have me doing it early in the morning or rushing home after work for MAYBE an hour of sunlight, then send us back to the car in the dark through a park that is already secluded enough to lend itself to prowlers.
Anyway, class being out has been so great but I truly would have preferred a proper break from work as well. I don't really get a vacation of any sort except maybe national holidays and then the summer semester ends only a week before classes, meaning I would start my other Graduate Assistantship (whichever I may get) the following week. No rest for the weary, eh?

3 comments:

Miss Willow said...

YOU ATE 3 MEALS IN ONE DAY!!

So proud, so proud :)

skatej said...

Is it sad how big of an accomplishment that is? I did it today too!

Margaret said...

Eating three square meals is always a great accomplishment. If it weren't for my husband, I'd forget to eat too!