Monday, May 12, 2008

Final Jewelry Exhibition

I realize I never posted these, though I was very busy the last week of school so I have a good excuse. These are the fruits of my labors! Here is the showcase, from left to right: the all-familiar rose window locket, the Allerleirauh piece, the selkie pendant, the pewter heart pendant (very heavy!) my new gold rose ring, below those are the copper bracelet and turquoise pendant, and then lastly is my walnut necklace, cast in pewter. See below!
Okay, so obviously the lower part is a walnut shell cast in pewter, the upper part is part of the actual nut. The problem was that during casting we had a few "bubbles" and that resulted in holes. So I got one of my dyed disfigured pearls, and wrapped it throughout the holes. Kind of a "make things do" piece, but I like it.This is a poor image of my gold rose ring. I wear this thing all the time, and I love it! I should, it took enough strain and time and tears!
And that is the end of jewelry making class. Makes me sad.

2 comments:

Heather said...

You do such a great job on your jewelry. I hope you are going to keep going.

Starmek said...

Adorable jewelry