Monday, May 5, 2008

My last night in the nursery

This is my last night in my dorm. My last time to live in a college dorm, my last time to attend this university, my last time as a Resident Assistant. It's my last night for a lot of things, and I'm really sad. I wish I could think of a more eloquent way of saying that, but that's how I feel: sad.
When I graduated high school, I was ready. I was so ready to be out of the house, go on with my life, experience new things, take classes of MY choosing. And those two weeks before I moved to my first dorm, I was so fed up with living at home and so ready to live at school.
I am not ready to move back home. I am not ready to move on to this next chapter in my life.
I went to such lengths to make sure I could graduate a year early, and that's happening. I will graduate in August of 2008 when I was supposed to graduate in May of 2009. I really didn't have to work too hard at that, taking 30 hours (summer semester included) my freshman year, 36 my sophomore, and I guess with this summer 32 for my senior year. And I know there was really no way for me to graduate at this university in four years, because it was so difficult to even fund this semester alone.
I will not miss having so much trouble managing all my time, but I will miss being proud of my papers. I will not miss having to field residential complaints, but then I actually might.
I am not afraid of what the future holds, but I am regretful of leaving college so soon.
I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations! I completely understand feeling sad about leaving school, though (I did an honours degree just so I could stay at school a year longer!).

Best of luck with all of your decisions about the future!
~Margaret

Heather said...

Night time is always the hardest and saddest. I am sure this morning you are feeling better. With that being said, it is a sad time. It is like closing one more book on your life and having to start a whole new one. College was sooo much fun for me and there are still times when I just sit and daydream about those fun times I had. Look forward to your very bright future and remember, all things in life have a season. This season has come to an end but the next one holds wonderful and exciting new adventures!!!