Monday, May 19, 2008

I saw it!

Okay, so I know I just posted on Prince Caspian, but I saw it on Friday and would like to say that despite my worries mostly being well-founded, I really liked the movie.

Yes, (spoiler) Susan and Caspian share a kiss. Not good. But I understand why they did it.

Yes, they begin the ritual to summon the white witch and Caspian and Peter are both tempted, but not Edmund. Not what happens in the book, but again I understand why it was done, there was drama, more character development.

Reepicheep never has "i don't like you" moments with Caspian.

I still haven't gotten through the book (I've been tired lately), though in previous readings I don't remember a storming of the castle. That bugs me but I also understand why they did this because of the direction they were taking with Caspian and Peter.

So I guess I'm saying, go see it anyway. It's a very good film.

I'm not happy that I have to wait until 2010 for the next one to come out. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is going to be awesome...though Georgie Henley is getting to be so pretty that it's going to be hard to justify her wanting to do the beautification spell on herself when she's in the dufflepuds island. I've been checking over and over again but I haven't seen any information for who is playing Eustace or the seven lords (wait, not all of them are there right? They find about five or so I think).


I also just shipped my first Etsy order! Here are pictures of him!

5 comments:

Heather said...

my son would have loved that dragon. Let me know when you are going to be making another one!!!

Anonymous said...

he's so cute! uh, this is amelia. not a creepy stalker.

Anonymous said...

seriously? i obviously don't remember my rant! ah well. i didn't know you used xanga anymore! they've probably deleted me, he he. ah well, i'm going to try and be more faithful to write in this new one. i felt like i needed to start over and make a nursy themed one. :) your crafty things are fun!

Anonymous said...

wow, that looks like a ton of work, good job!

Margaret said...

The dragon is so cool! I just love it. Especially the ridges on his back. Very neat.

Thanks for the review of Prince Caspian! I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I don't really anticipate it being all that faithful to the books. I just hope it's exciting!