Friday, October 30, 2009

the results

The Halloween party at the children's hospital was wonderful. I left my camera in the car because I didn't think it was okay to take the patients' photos (they had all signed photo releases it turns out, but I still think leaving the camera was a good idea). I spent the majority of the time wheeling around a nonresponsive child and trick-or-treating for her. Nonresponsive children make me so sad, with their blank faces, refusing to react to anything (though I DID hear a laugh when we went down the elevator).

The fairy costume was a BIG hit, one person even told me later he didn't remember any other costumes except mine. And that sounds really conceited...but I put a LOT of work into this costume and I'm proud of it.
I know it's vain...but I really love the way this costume turned out...and the way the makeup made me look.
Here's how I had the makeup at the beginning of the morning. And here's the whole costume. Forgive the presumed artsyness and the bathroom setting...I'm a bit contained in my photoshoot choice.

New favorite photo of me ever...and that's RARE, that I ever like a photo of me.

Happy Halloween. I'm spending it at the Texas Book Festival.

4 comments:

Christian H said...

Very fairy-like. Very pretty.

Heather said...

Your make-up looks amazing!!! Great picture!! Love it.

Robin said...

Lovely! But... smile, Kate! :) Hope you have a great day today at the Book festival!!

skatej said...

Robin, I don't LIKE the way I look when I smile...
Thanks everyone!