Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Retellings

I have decided to use one of the journals a dear friend gave me to write my fairy/folk tale retellings. When I'm thinking of a tale a lot I write it in my journal (usually instead of studying or sleeping, but hey, the muse works when the muse works). So far I have my version of Maid Maleen and of The Selkie. It's really been nice to work on something shorter than my big book that I've been writing for years and also to know that I may incorporate some of these into it (since my main character has a penchant for storytelling as well). And on top of that, the storytelling guild I meet with is making "Mother Ireland" the theme for March, so I get to use my Selkie story! I'm so glad I have an outlet for nontechnical writing. I'm about to pull my hair out with all the annotated bibliographies and citations and lit reviews that litter my to-do list here in graduate school.
(Miss Willow and CarrieHammie, if you want to read them when I see you this weekend you are more than welcome! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!)

2 comments:

Miss Willow said...

Heck yes I want to read them!! :)

skatej said...

Do so with great valor and glory.