Friday, February 5, 2010

Would someone like to give me a reality check?

Hypothyroidism...I talked to my aunt today and she said it can take two months for the treatment to take effect. Assuming I get treatment the very day of my appointment (which will likely not happen), I will spend most of the semester feeling like this. I don't know if I can function at this level. I do NOT want to fall below full-time and lose my job, health insurance, and aid, but I also do not want to fail this semester! I have to say I am a bit frightened of the whole thing. I am taking demanding classes and I cannot afford to be like this every time we meet. And all the rest of the week.
I know that this seems small to many people but it's big to me and I wish that this had come about earlier, when I was in high school maybe, so I would be on top of the situation.
Anyway, if you are a praying person, please pray this is resolved quickly. I need to be able to do normal human things like walk uphill without having to stop and rest, be able to eat without forcing myself, stay awake and coherent in class, that sort of thing. I know it's a selfish prayer, but sometimes that's just how it is.
As usual with this late night post, things will probably look better in the morning. Still, please pray for me.

3 comments:

Miss Willow said...

So, has it been officially diagnosed as such, then? Definitely praying, lovely.

skatej said...

Not yet because I've not seen the doctor...but all my symptoms line up. Insanely so.

Christian H said...

Talk to your professors.
Something I have learned: just because there is something to fear doesn't mean that you need to fear it. I used to worry a lot and was afraid of lots of things. Somewhere along the line I just decided to stop worrying and stop being afraid. I know the things I was afraid of are still there and still dangerous, but I don't let myself give in to fear and worry as often. I realized it decreased my standard of living. (I'm not sure that you can do the same, though, since I don't know that I could have stopped worrying if my life didn't go the way it did.)