Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In which Penny finally eats and I remember I have a life outside being a pet parent



While at my first day at work, Penny chewed up two shoes (thankfully the same pair, unthankfully one of my room mates' pairs...). The crate came together just fine, and she was willing to go in. We'll see if she stays there all night. AND she didn't eat this morning after bribing her to eat last night with tuna fish water. I was a bad pet parent and forgot to mix her old food in with her new food. I tried that today and she ate!
Woo hoo!
We are going to the vet tomorrow anyway to have her checked out and meet the vet, etc. I think her back legs are stiff, but I could just be being nervous. Also, her old owner has her shot records and the person who took her in to find her a home took off her rabies tag and I can't find it! So basically I have an illegal dog (state of Texas ordinance requires proof of rabies vaccination). I hope the vet can request the records.


Tonight I travelled almost forty miles to meet with a storytelling guild. It was a nice small group, and I was the only one there under 40, but I shared a story and had a great time! They only meet once a month so I have to wait until February to go again! I am already figuring out the next story I will tell!




2 comments:

Miss Willow said...

Hahaha! You didn't tell me she also ate a pair of shoes!! Oh goodness, silly puppy. That's exciting about your story-telling guild, too! I'm sure you'll come back with lots of great additions to your collection :) Hope all goes well at the vet!

skatej said...

Well, according to the vet she's actually closer to a year or a year and a half and needs to lose about nine pounds. So the puppy kibble went to the humane society, I realized that the amount that she was eating when I could get her to eat was about right, and she has turned her nose up at this kibble as well (mixed in with her old beneful), but that's to be understood considering it's science diet light (yuck!).
She didn't EAT a pair of shoes, but she did chew them up. She spent the day in the crate today.