Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello, 2010

So many people are talking about how horrible 2009 was and how glad they are to see 2010. I don't really know that I've ever hated a year. I mean, truth be told, not a lot happened in 2009. Of course, other than moving away, renting my first apartment, starting grad school, and moving to a house, not a lot happened. And getting a dog. And changing my career goal. Twice. So yes, a lot happened in 2009. For the last half. First half was pretty average.
And now, 2010, here you are.A new year. A new decade. A new decade in which I will spend the remainder of my 20s and the earliest part of my 30s (scary). A decade in which, theoretically, I will find out what I'm going to start out doing for the rest of my life. Where I'm going to actually start doing what I think I want to do for the rest of my life. And not just careers. Just life in general. Which is pretty amazing. The teens have no idea what I was like as a teenager. They will never see me as a child or an adolescent. All of that is neatly encapsulated in the years 1986-2009.
Okay, 2010, you have quite a first impression to give. Let's be a bit exciting, okay?

Edit: Also, meet Penny! Having my very own dog whose care is my sole responsibility will be one of those adult experiences. I've unofficially raised and trained all our dogs and taken over vet costs of late, so it won't be too crazy.